Salad of Fennel, Orange, Red Onion and Arugula
- 4 cups Spring market arugula and/or root spinach
- 2 Bulbs, fennel bulb, sliced very thin, use a mandolin if possible, marinate in 2 tablespoons of lemon juice for at least a half an hour or overnight.
- 1/2 Red onion, sliced thin, marinate in 2 tablespoons of lemon juice for at least a half an hour or overnight.
- 1-2 lemons for the onions and fennel
- 2 oranges, peel with a knife and cut out the segments
- Kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 3 tbsps Orange olive oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsps Grated parmesan cheese or Bellevitano
On a salad platter lay out the arugula, top with the marinated fennel, then the marinated red onion, and orange segments. Drizzle the top with orange infused olive oil or extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and 1-2 teaspoons of kosher salt. Top with cracked black pepper and grated parmesan cheese or Bellavitano cheese sold in our tasting room